DJI Officially Announces Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual With Smallest 4K, Thermal Microcamera
BY Isabella Lee20 December 2018
The DJI Mavic 2 series continues to grow with the just-announced Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual. The first edition of the enterprise drone was released in October earlier this year and has received an exciting payload upgrade—the smallest, dual-sensor, 4k and thermal microcamera from FLIR.
Starting today, Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual is available for purchase through authorized DJI Enterprise resellers worldwide with a retail price of $2,699 USD.
The Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual, named for its dual-sensor camera, is a portable industrial drone for public safety and inspection operations. It’s equipped with powerful, side-by-side visual and thermal cameras that will provide commercial pilots with a reliable tool to operate better, safer, and quicker in challenging environments.
Powerful FLIR Thermal Imaging
DJI and FLIR first partnered in 2015 when they introduced the Zenmuse XT camera and continue their innovative partnership with their third product together—the Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual.
The Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual features a three-axis gimbal stabilized camera housing a side-by-side 4K sensor for capturing visible light and a FLIR Lepton® thermal microcamera for capturing thermal data. Together these sensors allow pilots to perform flights at night, as well as fly in complex daytime conditions like fog and smoke.
The Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual equipped with the FLIR Lepton, our smallest thermal microcamera, offers a significant opportunity to introduce thermal imaging capabilities to more drone owners.
—Jim Cannon, President and CEO at FLIR
Users can select from multiple intelligent display modes in the DJI Pilot flight control app to visualize data from the dual-sensor camera:
- FLIR MSX® – Embosses high-fidelity, visible light details onto the thermal imagery in real time to enhance visual details
- Spot Meter – Displays the average temperature of an object, helping pilots monitor and measure critical or hazardous objects at a safe distance.
- Area Measurement – Displays the average, lowest, and highest temperature, as well as the corresponding locations of each area, allowing inspectors to quickly determine if an asset is overheating.
- Isotherm – Allows pilots to designate specific temperature ranges to be displayed using a custom color palette so objects within the range relay higher contrast and better visibility.
The Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual allows users to measure temperatures and conveniently store images and temperature data for efficient reporting and analysis, adding immediate value to a range of industrial or time-sensitive operations today from utility inspections to emergency response.
Mount Modular Accessories to the Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual
Like we first saw with the Mavic 2 Enterprise, the Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual can be customized with modular accessories that mount to the drone’s body and are operated through the DJI Pilot flight control app.
The compatible accessories include:
- Spotlight – A dual spotlight with a brightness of 2,400 lumens aids operators in carrying out missions in dark or low-light areas. Spotlight is ideal for search and rescue as well as inspection applications.
- Speaker – A loudspeaker with a maximum projection of 100 decibels (1-meter distance) lets pilots play up to 10 custom voice recordings on demand, providing a communications channel to nearby individuals that can be critical during lifesaving emergency operations.
- Beacon – Designed with U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Night Waiver standards in mind, the M2E Beacon features a bright flashing strobe visible three miles away. This helps pilots carry out missions in low-light conditions or at night much more safely, and provides additional airspace awareness for operators of nearby drones and traditional aircraft.
More Awesome Mavic 2 Enterprise Features and Specs
Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual includes the same features as Mavic 2 Enterprise, including:
- 24 GB of onboard data storage and password protection, creating accountability for all access to the drone’s functions and stored data
- GPS timestamping feature encodes the time, date, and location of every recorded image taken by the visual camera
- Local Data Mode feature in the DJI Pilot App which, when activated, will stop the user’s connected mobile device from sending or receiving any data over the internet
- DJI’s AirSense technology to help ensure drones remain a safe addition to the skies. AirSense improves pilots’ situational awareness and enhances airspace safety by automatically alerting drone pilots of ADS-B signals from nearby airplanes and helicopters and by sending real-time positioning alerts through the DJI Pilot flight control app.
- 4K video resolution with Ocusync 2.0, DJI’s most advanced video and data transmission system, providing a more stable connection between the drone and its remote controller, even in environments with high electromagnetic interference such as urban areas.
- Self-heating battery that allows the drone to perform reliably in adverse weather conditions as low as -10 Celsius (14 Fahrenheit).
- 31 minutes max flight time and a top speed of 72 kph (45 mph) made possible by DJI’s FOC propulsion motors combined with efficient propellers for quieter and more efficient flight.
Buy the Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual | Price and Availability
The US retail price of a Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual which includes an aircraft, a remote controller, one battery, all three mountable accessories and a protector case with flight tools, is $2,699 USD. A Fly More Kit which includes two additional batteries, one battery charging hub, one car charger, one USB connector, one soft case and two additional propellers is also available for $419 USD.
Order the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual.
For more information on all the new features and capabilities of the Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual, please visit www.dji.com/mavic-2-enterprise. Make sure to let us know what you think of the Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual on our community forum.