Drone Laws in Singapore
Drone regulations and links for people flying drones in Singapore.
Singapore Drone Regulations
According to Singapore’s national aviation authority, the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore (CAAS), flying a drone is legal in Singapore, but we recommend being aware of and compliant with the drone regulations listed below before doing so.
If you’d like to contact the CAAS directly before you travel with any questions you might have, here is their contact information: CAAS Contact Form / +65 6542-1122
Why fly a drone in Singapore? To get great aerial shots like these!
General Rules for Flying a Drone in Singapore
Based on our research and interpretation of the laws, here are the most important rules to know for flying a drone in Singapore.
- A permit is not required to fly a drone that weighs 7 kilograms (15 pounds) or less that is being flown 200 feet or below. If flying a drone heavier than 7 kilograms (15 pounds) or above 60 meters (200 feet), a permit is required. See the section below for more information on permit requirements in Singapore.
- Drones cannot be flown over people or crowds.
- Drones may not interfere with emergency service providers, or over vehicles where their presence may distract the driver.
- Drones may not be flown within 5 kilometers (3.1 miles) of an airport.
- Drones may only be flown during daylight hours.
- Drone pilots must maintain a visual line of sight with their drone at all times.
For more information on Singapore’s drone laws, see this page on the CAAS website.
Know something we don’t about drone laws in Singapore? Send us an email at support[at]uavcoach[dot]com. We are not international aviation attorneys and do our best to keep this page up-to-date for drone pilots, but the reality is that given the pace of the small unmanned aerial system (sUAS) industry and how governments are responding, drone regulations in Singapore can change throughout the year, and those changes can be hard to track. If we missed something, please reach out to let us know.
Permit Requirements for Flying a Drone in Singapore
Singapore requires drone pilots to obtain a permit to fly under any of these conditions:
- Flights above 200 feet
- Flights in restricted airspace
- For all flights conducted for business purposes (i.e., commercial flights)
Learn more about Singapore’s permit requirements for flying drones, and apply for a permit, on this page on the CAAS website.
Want to get a feel for the kind of footage you could get flying a drone in Singapore? Here you go: