Drone Laws in Ukraine
Drone regulations and links for people flying drones in Ukraine.
Ukraine Drone Regulations
According to Ukraine’s national aviation authority, State Aviation Administration of Ukraine, flying a drone is legal in Ukraine, but we recommend being aware of and compliant with the drone regulations listed below before doing so.
If you’d like to contact the State Aviation Administration of Ukraine directly before you travel with any questions you might have, here is their contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org / +380 44 461 5401
Why fly a drone in Ukraine? To get great aerial shots like these!
General Rules for Flying a Drone in Ukraine
Based on our research and interpretation of the laws, here are the most important rules to know for flying a drone in Ukraine:
- Drones weighing more than 2 kg must register and obtain a permit within UkrAirCenter (submit an application form at least 10+ days in advance)
- Drones that weigh less than 2 kg do not require a permit
- Regardless of weight, drones should not fly over roads, central streets of cities and villages, industrial zones, train stations and railroads, seaports, fuel storages, prisons, places of crashes and emergencies, in the territories of anti-terrorist activities and special ops, above objects of DoD and other military organizations
- Do not fly above other important government and potentially dangerous objects
- Pilot must not be further than 500 m from UAV
- Pilot must not control more than a single UAV at a time
- Do not fly above 50 m without a permit
- Do not fly within 5 km from the external borders of airport
- Do not fly within 30 m of an individual person, within 50 m of a group of ppl under 12 persons, or within 150 m of a group of more than 12 people
- Do not exceed a max flight speed 160 km/h
- Fly in the daytime only
Failing to observe these rules can result in a penalty of 1020 – 8500 UAH. However in case if UAV activity resulted in danger to manned aircraft or danger to the lives of others, 3 to 15 years in prison may result.
For more information on drone laws in Ukraine, visit this page on the State Aviation Administration of Ukraine website.
Know something we don’t about drone laws in Ukraine? Send us an email at email@example.com. We are not international aviation attorneys and do our best to keep this page up-to-date for drone pilots, but the reality is that given the pace of the small unmanned aerial system (sUAS) industry and how governments are responding, drone regulations in Ukraine can change throughout the year, and those changes can be hard to track. If we missed something, please reach out to let us know.