Drone Laws in Slovenia
Drone regulations and links for people flying drones in Slovenia.
Slovenia Drone Regulations
According to Slovenia’s national aviation authority, the Civil Aviation Administration of Slovenia (CAA), flying a drone is legal in Slovenia, but we recommend being aware of and compliant with the drone regulations listed below before doing so.
If you’d like to contact the CAA directly before you travel with any questions you might have, here is their contact information: email@example.com / +386 01 244 66 00
Why fly a drone in Slovenia? To get great aerial shots like these!
General Rules for Flying a Drone in Slovenia
Based on our research and interpretation of the laws, here are the most important rules to know for flying a drone in Slovenia.
- Drones may only be flown for private / recreational purposes in Slovenia. Commercial drone flights are not permitted.
- Drones may not be flown higher than 150 meters (492 feet) for private purposes.
- Drones may not be flown horizontally from the pilot beyond 500 meters (1,640 feet). FPV flights are permitted if there is a visual observer on hand to watch the drone.
- If your drone weighs 5 kilograms (33 pounds) or more, you have to register it with the CAA.
- Distance to airports: Without appointment your flight, you have to keep a distance of at least 1.5 kilometers from airports.
- Drones may only be flown during the day.
For more information on Slovenia’svdrone laws, see this page on the CAA’s website.
Know something we don’t about drone laws in Slovenia? Send us an email at support[at]uavcoach[dot]com. We are not international aviation attorneys and do our best to keep this page up-to-date for drone pilots, but the reality is that given the pace of the small unmanned aerial system (sUAS) industry and how governments are responding, drone regulations in Slovenia can change throughout the year, and those changes can be hard to track. If we missed something, please reach out to let us know.
Want to get a feel for the kind of footage you could get flying a drone in Slovenia? Here you go: