Drone Laws in Slovakia
Drone regulations and links for people flying drones in Slovakia.
Slovakia Drone Regulations
According to Slovakia’s national aviation authority, the Civil Aviation Division of the Transportation Office (CAD), flying a drone is legal in Slovakia, but we recommend being aware of and compliant with the drone regulations listed below before doing so.
If you’d like to contact the CAD directly before you travel with any questions you might have, here is their contact information: email@example.com / +421 (02) 48-777-548
Why fly a drone in Slovakia? To get great aerial shots like these!
General Rules for Flying a Drone in Slovakia
Based on our research and interpretation of the laws, here are the most important rules to know for flying a drone in Slovakia.
- Drones must be flown within the pilot’s visual line of sight.
- Drones must be flown during the day.
- Drones must be flown at a distance of 50 meters away (164 feet) from any person, building, ship or vehicle, excluding the facility and the person providing the take-off and landing.
- Drones cannot be flown in controlled airspace, including areas sensitive to aircraft noise (e.g., protected areas).
- Drones cannot be used for the air transport of persons, luggage, cargo or mail.
For more information on Slovakia’s drone laws, see this document issued by the CAD.
Know something we don’t about drone laws in Slovakia? Send us an email at support[at]uavcoach[dot]com. We are not international aviation attorneys and do our best to keep this page up-to-date for drone pilots, but the reality is that given the pace of the small unmanned aerial system (sUAS) industry and how governments are responding, drone regulations in Slovakia can change throughout the year, and those changes can be hard to track. If we missed something, please reach out to let us know.
Want to get a feel for the kind of footage you could get flying a drone in Slovakia? Here you go: