Drone Laws in Jordan
Drone regulations and links for people flying drones in Jordan.
Jordan Drone Regulations
According to Jordan’s national aviation authority, the Civil Aviation Regulatory Commission of Jordan (CARC), flying a drone is legal in Jordan, but we recommend being aware of and compliant with the drone regulations listed below before doing so.
If you’d like to contact the CARC directly before you travel with any questions you might have, here is their contact information: email@example.com / +962 6 489 2282
Why fly a drone in Jordan? To get great aerial shots like these!
General Rules for Flying a Drone in Jordan
Based on our research and interpretation of the laws, here are the most important rules to know for flying a drone in Jordan.
- All drones must be registered with the CARC.
- Approval to fly must be approved by the Ministry of Interior and the applications to operate must be submitted to the CARC at least 10 working days before the proposed flight so that the Ministry of Interior can coordinate with Royal Jordanian Air Force & Civil Aviation Regulatory Commission. The application form can be found here.
- Do not fly more than a 500-meter radius outside of pre-approved locations.
- Do not fly outside of specific pre-approved times.
- Do not fly at a height exceeding 400 feet.
- Drone flight time shall not exceed 3 hours of operation.
- Drones shall not exceed 25 kilograms (55 pounds).
- Drone operators must be at least 21 years of age and properly trained.
- Liability insurance is required for drone operation.
For more information on Jordan’s drone laws, see this document issued by the CARC.
Know something we don’t about drone laws in Jordan? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are not international aviation attorneys and do our best to keep this page up-to-date for drone pilots, but the reality is that given the pace of the small unmanned aerial system (sUAS) industry and how governments are responding, drone regulations in Jordan can change throughout the year, and those changes can be hard to track. If we missed something, please reach out to let us know.
Want to get a feel for the kind of footage you could get flying a drone in Jordan? Here you go: