Drone Laws in Fiji
Drone regulations and links for people flying drones in Fiji.
Fiji Drone Regulations
According to Fiji’s national aviation authority, the Civil Aviation Authority of Fiji (CAAF), flying a drone is legal in Fiji, but we recommend being aware of and compliant with the drone regulations listed below before doing so.
If you’d like to contact the CAAF directly before you travel with any questions you might have, here is their contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org / +679 672 1555
Why fly a drone in Fiji? To get aerial shots of beautiful spots like this!
General Rules for Flying a Drone in Fiji
Based on our research and interpretation of the laws, here are the most important rules to know for flying a drone in Fiji.
- Separate permits are required for both recreational and commercial flying. See the section below for more information.
- Drones may not be operated within 3 kilometers (2 miles) of a domestic airport or 5 kilometers (3 miles) of an international airport or airfield.
- Do not fly drone more than 200 feet vertically.
- Do not fly drones in a manner that may impair the safe operations of aircrafts.
- Visual contact with drone must be maintained at all times.
- Do not fly over airstrips, helipads, fuel depots, private homes, moving vehicles, populous areas, or sporting events.
- Do not fly drones over sensitive areas such as hospitals, prisons, government institutions, the House of Parliament, police stations or military barracks and institutions.
- Do not operate drones at resorts without prior permission from the resort’s management.
For more information on Fiji’s drone laws, see this page on the CAAF’s website.
Know something we don’t about drone laws in Fiji? Send us an email at email@example.com. We are not international aviation attorneys and do our best to keep this page up-to-date for drone pilots, but the reality is that given the pace of the small unmanned aerial system (sUAS) industry and how governments are responding, drone regulations in Fiji can change throughout the year, and those changes can be hard to track. If we missed something, please reach out to let us know.
Permit Requirements for Flying a Drone in Fiji
A separate permit is required for recreational and commercial drone operations in Fiji.
- To obtain a personal (i.e. recreational) drone permit, submit this form to the CAAF.
- To obtain a commercial drone permit, submit this form to the CAAF.
Want to get a feel for the kind of footage you could get flying a drone in Fiji? Here you go: