Drone Laws in Denmark
Drone regulations and links for people flying drones in Denmark.
Denmark Drone Regulations
According to Denmark’s national aviation authority, the Denmark Civil Aviation Administration (CAA), flying a drone is legal in Denmark, but we recommend being aware of and compliant with the drone regulations listed below before doing so.
If you’d like to contact the Denmark CAA before you travel with any questions you might have, here is their contact information: email@example.com / +45 7221 8800
Why fly a drone in Denmark? To get great aerial shots like these!
General Rules for Flying a Drone in Denmark
Based on our research and interpretation of the laws, here are the most important rules to know for flying a drone in Denmark.
- The owner of a drone (excluding microdrones) must be registered with the Danish Transport, Building and Housing Agency unless the flight takes place from an approved model flight space and in the associated airspace.
- Drones which are not microdrones must be covered by a valid liability insurance with an insurance sum of 0.75 million.
- The owner/user of an unmanned aircraft not weighing more than 25 kg shall be responsible for the flights with the aircraft being performed in accordance with Denmark’s regulations.
- Drone flights must be performed in a way that no other persons or property are endangered and so that the surroundings are inconvenienced as little as possible.
- When flying a drone the distance to the runway/runways of a public aerodrome must be at least 8 kilometers.
- When flying a drone the distance to the runway/runways of a military airbase must be at least 5 kilometers.
- When flying a drone the distance to built-up areas and major public road shall be at least 150 meters.
- Drone may not be flown above 100 meters.
- Drones may not be flown over densely built-up areas, including areas with weekend cottages and inhabited camping sites, and areas with large open-air assemblies of persons.
For more information on Denmark’s drone laws, see this document from Denmark’s CAA.
Know something we don’t about drone laws in Denmark? Send us an email at support[at]uavcoach[dot]com. We are not international aviation attorneys and do our best to keep this page up-to-date for drone pilots, but the reality is that given the pace of the small unmanned aerial system (sUAS) industry and how governments are responding, drone regulations in Denmark can change throughout the year, and those changes can be hard to track. If we missed something, please reach out to let us know.
Want to get a feel for the kind of footage you could get flying a drone in Denmark? Here you go: