Drone Laws in Curaçao
Drone regulations and links for people flying drones in Curaçao.
Curaçao Drone Regulations
According to Curaçao’s national aviation authority, the Curaçao Civil Aviation Authority (CCAA), flying a drone is legal in Curaçao, but we recommend being aware of and compliant with the drone regulations listed below before doing so.
Special Travel Considerations
If you’re traveling to Curaçao and want to bring your drone, the CCAA lists these special considerations for foreigners who want to fly drones:
- Drones must be registered with the CCAA prior to bringing the drone into the country. Failure to do so will result in the drone being seized until the appropriate forms have been filed. The registration application can be found here.
If you’d like to contact the CCAA directly before you travel with any questions you might have, here is their contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org / +599 9 839 3333
Why fly a drone in Curaçao? To get great aerial shots like these!
General Rules for Flying a Drone in Curaçao
Based on our research and interpretation of the laws, here are the most important rules to know for flying a drone in Curaçao.
- Do not fly your drone over congested areas.
- You are responsible for any damage that may occur if a collision occurs.
- You must keep your drone within your sight at all times. “First Person View” technology does not satisfy this requirement.
- Do not fly your drone higher than 120 meters (400 feet) without prior approval from the Curaçao Civil Aviation Authority.
- Do not fly your drone within 50 meters (164 feet) of persons, vehicles, buildings, or structures. Additionally, do not fly overhead groups of people at any height.
- Do not fly your drone near Hato International Airport or Motet Werf.
- Do not fly during rainy or stormy weather.
- Do not fly in conditions with low visibility.
- Do not fly your drone in restricted areas, including government or military facilities. Use of drones or camera drones in these areas are prohibited.
For more information on Curaçao’s drone laws, see this document issued by the CCAA.
Know something we don’t about drone laws in Curaçao? Send us an email at email@example.com. We are not international aviation attorneys and do our best to keep this page up-to-date for drone pilots, but the reality is that given the pace of the small unmanned aerial system (sUAS) industry and how governments are responding, drone regulations in Curaçao can change throughout the year, and those changes can be hard to track. If we missed something, please reach out to let us know.
Want to get a feel for the kind of footage you could get flying a drone in Curaçao? Here you go: