Drone Laws in Cameroon
Drone regulations and links for people flying drones in Cameroon.
Cameroon Drone Regulations
According to Cameroon’s national aviation authority, the Cameroon Civil Aviation Authority (CCAA), flying a drone is legal in Cameroon, but we recommend being aware of and compliant with the drone regulations listed below before doing so.
Special Travel Considerations
If you’re traveling to Cameroon and want to bring your drone, the CCAA lists these special considerations for foreigners who want to fly drones:
- You must have a permit from the CCAA to enter Cameroon with a drone.
- Each drone flight in Cameroon must be approved at least 30 days in advance.
- To request a permit and flight approval from the CCAA, submit your application to: Cameroon Civil Aviation Authority / Base Aérienne 101 / BP: 6998 Yaounde
If you’d like to contact the CCAA directly before you travel with any questions you might have, here is their contact information: email@example.com / +237 2 230 3090
Why fly a drone in Cameroon? To get great aerial shots like these!
General Rules for Flying a Drone in Cameroon
Based on our research and interpretation of the laws, here are the most important rules to know for flying a drone in Cameroon.
- Drones may not be flown more than 120 meters (394 feet) above the ground.
- Drone pilots must maintain a direct visual line of sight with their drone while flying.
- Drones may not be flown within 5.5 kilometers (3.5 miles) of any airport or airfield.
- Drones may not be flown within a lateral distance of 15 meters (50 feet) of any structures including buildings, vehicles, ships, animals, and people.
- Drones may not be flown over crowds.
- Drones may not be flown at night.
For more information on Cameroon’s drone laws, see this document created by the CCAA.
Know something we don’t about drone laws in Cameroon? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are not international aviation attorneys and do our best to keep this page up-to-date for drone pilots, but the reality is that given the pace of the small unmanned aerial system (sUAS) industry and how governments are responding, drone regulations in Cameroon can change throughout the year, and those changes can be hard to track. If we missed something, please reach out to let us know.
Want to get a feel for the kind of footage you could get flying a drone in Cameroon? Here you go: