Drone Laws in Azerbaijan
Drone regulations and links for people flying drones in Azerbaijan.
Azerbaijan Drone Regulations
According to Azerbaijan’s national aviation authority, the State Civil Aviation Authority of Azerbaijan (CAA), flying a drone is legal in Azerbaijan, but we recommend being aware of and compliant with the drone regulations listed below before doing so.
If you’d like to contact the CAA directly before you travel with any questions you might have, here is their contact information: email@example.com / +994 12 598 51 91
Why fly a drone in Azerbaijan? To get aerial shots of beautiful spots like this!
General Rules for Flying a Drone in Azerbaijan
Based on our research and interpretation of the laws, here are the most important rules to know for flying a drone in Azerbaijan.
- Drones are prohibited from operating in any aerodrome / airport traffic zone, except with the permission of either the appropriate ATC unit or the person in charge of the aerodrome / airport.
- Drones may not fly over 400 feet above ground level.
- Drone pilots must maintain a direct visual line of sight with their drones while flying.
- Drones may not be operated within 150 meters (492 feet) of any congested area of a city, town, or settlement.
- Drones may not be operated within 50 meters (164 feet) of any person, vessel, vehicle, or structure.
- During take-off or landing the UAV must not be flown within 30 meters (98 feet) of any person, unless that person is part of the drone operation.
For more information on Azerbaijan’s drone laws, see this page on the CAA website.
Know something we don’t about drone laws in Azerbaijan? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are not international aviation attorneys and do our best to keep this page up-to-date for drone pilots, but the reality is that given the pace of the small unmanned aerial system (sUAS) industry and how governments are responding, drone regulations in Azerbaijan can change throughout the year, and those changes can be hard to track. If we missed something, please reach out to let us know.
Want to get a feel for the kind of footage you could get flying a drone in Azerbaijan? Here you go: