Drone Laws in Argentina
Drone regulations and links for people flying drones in Argentina.
Argentina Drone Regulations
According to Argentina’s national aviation authority, the National Civil Aviation Administration of Argentina (ANAC), flying a drone is legal in Argentina, but we recommend being aware of and compliant with the drone regulations listed below before doing so.
If you’d like to contact ANAC directly before you travel with any questions you might have, here is their contact information: email@example.com / +54 11 5941-3000 / 3007
Why fly a drone in Argentina? To get great aerial shots like these!
General Rules for Flying a Drone in Argentina
Based on our research and interpretation of the laws, here are the most important rules to know for flying a drone in Argentina.
- All drones must be registered before the National Aircraft Registry of the ANAC.
- The minimum age to operate a drone is 18 years old. Persons 16 and 17 years old may pilot a drone if accompanied and supervised by a responsible adult at the time of the operation.
- Drones are prohibited within 5 kilometers (3 miles) of airports, aerodromes and heliports.
- Drones are prohibited in densely populated areas or over crowds of people.
- Commercial drone operations require:
- Contract liability insurance for possible damages to third parties during the operation.
- Authorization from the ANAC as a “member of the remote crew”, through the approval of a theoretical-practical evaluation.
- A psychophysiological aptitude certificate.
- An operations manual and an adequate risk management system.
- An inalterable identification plate fixed in its structure.
For more information on Argentina’s drone laws, see this page on the ANAC website.
Know something we don’t about drone laws in Argentina? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are not international aviation attorneys and do our best to keep this page up-to-date for drone pilots, but the reality is that given the pace of the small unmanned aerial system (sUAS) industry and how governments are responding, drone regulations in Argentina can change throughout the year, and those changes can be hard to track. If we missed something, please reach out to let us know.
Want to get a feel for the kind of footage you could get flying a drone in Argentina? Here you go: