DJI Launches the Mini 4 Pro at the Same Price as the Mini 3 Pro
BY Zacc Dukowitz26 September 2023
DJI has launched the Mini 4 Pro.
Of course, the Mini 4 Pro weighs less than 250 grams, just like all the drones in the Mini series. That low weight means that Mini drones don’t have to be registered with the FAA, since 250 grams is the threshold weight for the registration requirement.
Within that low weight, DJI has managed to pack even more capabilities than ever before in the Mini series.
The 4 has better obstacle avoidance and a longer flight time than its predecessor. (The Mini 4 Pro has a flight time of 45 minutes with the Intelligent Flight Battery Plus, compared to the Mini 3 Pro’s 34 minutes—but that battery is an add-on, and will push the drone over the 250 gram weight threshold.)
The Mini 4 Pro perfectly marries professional-grade capabilities while keeping its hallmark lightweight design . . . emerging as the ultimate all-rounder, designed to elevate your creative toolkit.
– Ferdinand Wolf, Creative Director at DJI
Specs & Features for the DJI Mini 4 Pro
The new Mini 4 Pro standard package comes with the DJI RC-N2 controller. That package, which is the lowest price point for the Mini 4 Pro, sells for $759—the same price as the Mini 3 Pro, which comes with the RC-N1 controller.
The Mini 4 Pro is also compatible with the new DJI RC 2. The cheapest package with that controller is $959, and it comes with just the drone, the controller, and one Intelligent Flight battery. See all the Mini 4 Pro packages for more pricing info.
Here are the main specs for the Mini 4 Pro:
- Flight time. 45 minutes with the Intelligent Flight Battery plus, which is an upgrade, or 34 minutes with the standard Intelligent Flight Battery.
- Camera. 1.3” CMOS sensor that shoots stills at 48MP and video at 60fps HDR. Also allows for vertical shooting.
- Transmission quality and range. 1080p/60fps FHD live feeds up to 12.4 miles (20 kilometers) with 04 video transmission.
- Obstacle avoidance. Omnidirectional obstacle avoidance, with four wide-angle vision sensors and a pair of downward vision sensors.
Flight features found on the DJI Mini 4 Pro include:
- Waypoint flight. Allows you to be more efficient by creating automatic routes for precise route repeatability.
- Cruise control. Lets you reduce operation fatigue during long-distance, steady-state flight and further reduce camera shake with smoother camera movement.
- Advanced RTH. Lets the drone automatically plan a safe flight route back to its home point and easily bypass obstacles. Additionally, the AR RTH route feature supports more confident control during return flights.
And for add-ons, here are the options:
- DJI Mini 4 Pro Wide-Angle Vision—super-wide 100° FOV wide-angle lens
- Intelligent Flight Battery plus—extends the Mini 4 Pro’s flight time to 45 minutes (but makes it weigh over 250 grams)
- DJI Mini 4 Pro ND Filters Set (ND16/64/256)
- DJI Mini 4 Pro 360° propeller guard
Mini 4 Pro Image Features
While the Mini 4 Pro has the same camera as the Mini 3 Pro, it does come with a new image-processing platform to support capturing cinema-grade video, as well as dual native ISO fusion.
Here are some other standout features found on the 4 related to image and video quality.
- Slo-Mo. Supports capturing high-quality slow motion shots in 4K at 100fps.
- Night Shots. An improved noise reduction algorithm suppresses noise for capturing clearer, cleaner footage right from the camera in low light conditions.
- 10-bit D-Log M. Supports image capture in 1.07 billion colors, allowing for natural color gradations and capturing delicate, full-spectrum details to support pro-level post-production control.
- RAW and SmartPhoto. 48MP RAW and next-gen SmartPhoto combines HDR imaging and scene recognition, as well as other features, to help make images that pop.
A photo taken with the DJI Mini 4 Pro | Credit: DJI
Five Features to Support High-Quality Aerial Shots
The Mini 4 Pro comes with five different features to help you get high-quality, cinematic shots. Some of these features use automatic flight modes, which are supported by the 4’s omnidirectional obstacle sensing, helping make it relatively easy to avoid obstacles and get smooth, stable shots.
Here are the five features you’ll find on the Mini 4 Pro to help you get better aerial shots:
- MasterShots. Dynamic camera movement templates tailored for portrait, close-up, and long-range shots.
- QuickShots. Provides Dronie, Circle, Helix, Rocket, Boomerang, and Asteroid modes for more stylish results.
- Hyperlapse. Free, Waypoint, Circle, and Course Lock modes with unlimited shooting time, and supports compositing while shooting.
- Panorama. Supports shooting 180°, Wide Angle, Vertical, and Sphere panoramic photos to capture magnificent landscapes.
- QuickTransfer. Quickly transfer photos and videos to your smartphone without linking the remote controller. Your creations will be instantly ready to share.