Drone Laws in Saint Lucia
Drone regulations and links for people flying drones in Saint Lucia.
Saint Lucia Drone Regulations
According to St. Lucias’s national aviation authority, the Ministry of Transport and Civil Aviation (MTCA), flying a drone is legal in St. Lucia, but we recommend being aware of and compliant with the drone regulations listed below before doing so.
If you’d like to contact the MTCA directly before you travel with any questions you might have, here is their contact information: Amy Charles, 758.457.6116, email@example.com.
Why fly a drone in St. Lucia? To get great aerial shots like these! Image Source: Андрей Бобровский
General Rules for Flying a Drone in St. Lucia
Based on our research and interpretation of the laws, here are the most important rules to know for flying a drone in St. Lucia.
- Drone operators must apply with the Civil Aviation Department in the Ministry of Economic Development, Urban Renewal, Housing, Transport and Civil Aviation, for approval to operate a drone in St. Lucia for any purpose.
This is the only policy we’ve been able to find about drone laws for Saint Lucia in our research.
Additionally, a good rule of thumb for flying in Saint Lucia would be to follow these rules for flying your drone (these rules are taken from the U.S.’s Federal Aviation Administration’s rules for flying a drone):
- Avoid flying within five miles of an airport
- Keep the drone within visual line-of-sight
- Fly at or below 400 feet
- Fly during daylight or civil twilight
- Fly at or under 100 mph
- Yield right of way to manned aircraft
- Do not fly directly over people
- Do not fly from a moving vehicle, unless in a sparsely populated area
Know something we don’t about drone laws in Saint Lucia? Send us an email at support[at]uavcoach[dot]com. We are not international aviation attorneys and do our best to keep this page up-to-date for drone pilots, but the reality is that given the pace of the small unmanned aerial system (sUAS) industry and how governments are responding, drone regulations in Saint Lucia can change throughout the year, and those changes can be hard to track. If we missed something, please reach out to let us know.