Drone Laws in Croatia
Drone regulations and links for people flying drones in Croatia.
Croatia Drone Regulations
According to Croatia’s national aviation authority, the Croatian Civil Aviation Agency, flying a drone is legal in Croatia, but we recommend being aware of and compliant with the drone regulations listed below before doing so.
If you’d like to contact the Croatian Civil Aviation Agency directly before you travel with any questions you might have, here is their contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org / +385 1 2369 300
Why fly a drone in Croatia? To get aerial shots of beautiful spots like this!
General Rules for Flying a Drone in Croatia
Based on our research and interpretation of the laws, here are the most important rules to know for flying a drone in Croatia.
- UAVs must be operated in such a way that operations do not present a risk to the life, health, or property of people in the surrounding area.
- Drone flights must take place during the day.
- All equipment or cargo on a UAV must be appropriately secured.
- Drones must be operated a safe distance of unmanned aerial vehicles from humans, animals, buildings, vehicles, boats, other aircraft, roads, railways, waterways or power lines. A safe distance is defined as 30 meters or more.
- The minimum allowed distance from a UAV in flight to a group of people is 150 meters.
- The drone pilot must maintain a visual line of sight with the drone at all times, and the drone cannot fly more than 500 meters from the drone pilot.
- Drone flights must take place outside controlled airspace.
- Drones must be flown at least 3 kilometers from all airports, except under special circumstances.
For more information on Croatia’s drone laws, see this page on the Croatian Air Traffic Control website.
Know something we don’t about drone laws in Croatia? Send us an email at support[at]uavcoach[dot]com. We are not international aviation attorneys and do our best to keep this page up-to-date for drone pilots, but the reality is that given the pace of the small unmanned aerial system (sUAS) industry and how governments are responding, drone regulations in Croatia can change throughout the year, and those changes can be hard to track. If we missed something, please reach out to let us know.
Want to get a feel for the kind of footage you could get flying a drone in Croatia? Here you go: