Everything There Is to Know about the DJI Mini 3 Pro—New Leaks Contain Detailed Photos, Full Specs
BY Zacc Dukowitz26 April 2022
One thing’s for sure—if DJI is about to release a drone, we’ll already know everything about it.
Sure, there are rare occasions in which DJI releases a product and we haven’t seen all of its specs. But in almost every instance, something will have been leaked in advance.
For the DJI Mini 3 Pro, which is the focus of this article, we’ve already seen several leaks, including the video below shared by @DealsDrone on Twitter. We’ve even got news, via a leak, that the Mini 3 Pro would be launched this very week on April 28.
DJI Mini 3 First leak video pic.twitter.com/NgskqONf8w
— 航拍世家 打手 (@DealsDrone) April 2, 2022
But it turns out the launch date has been pushed back, or the launch date leaked was inaccurate. (The latest buzz is that the new launch date will be May 10, but we’ll believe it when we see DJI make an official announcement.)
Either way, it doesn’t really matter because the most recent Mini 3 Pro leaks have revealed literally all of its specs, as well as provided several pictures showing us what it will look like.
This information came out in two leaks—the pictures came out from @DealsDrone on Twitter and the specs came out from an accidental listing on a Dutch website called TopRC. Keep reading to learn everything we know about the forthcoming Mini 3 Pro.
Mini 3 Pro Specs
Above is a screenshot from TopRC’s website, clearly showing the Mini 3 Pro.
Since the mistake was spotted the site has taken the listing down, but not before people could get screenshots and all the specs for the drone.
- Flight time. 34 minutes with the standard Intelligent Flight Battery or an impressive 47 minutes for an optional upgrade to the Intelligent Flight Battery Plus. The Plus battery will bring the drone’s weight above 249 grams, while the standard battery will keep its weight below 249 grams.
- Weight. 249 grams of course! This weight is what gives the Mini line its name—Mini refers to drones that weigh less than the weight requirement that triggers mandatory registration with the FAA.
- Camera. 1/1.3″ CMOS sensor with 4K video at 60FPS / 48 MP RAW photos, supports HDR.
- Transmission. Ocusync 3, bringing the transmission range up to 7.5 miles (12 kilometers).
- Obstacle avoidance. Two big new obstacle avoidance sensors at the front of the drone as well as APAS 4.0 (Advanced Pilot Assistance Systems), an advanced obstacle avoidance system.
- Transfers. Super fast transfers via WiFi for downloads of up to 30 Mbps.
- Zoom. 4x digital zoom allows for high quality shots from a distance.
- Controller. The Mini 3 Pro is compatible with the new DJI RC controller, which is available as an upgrade.
- Features. FocusTrack with Tracking, POI, and Spotlight; Master shots; Hyperlapse; True Vertical (for portrait videos); Panorama; and D-Cinelike for cinematic shots.
How Much Will the Mini 3 Pro Cost?
The Mini 3 Pro will be a big jump up in price from the DJI Mini 2.
While the Mini 2 sells for $449, the DJI Mini 3 Pro with a normal controller will sell for $882. And if you want DJI’s new RC controller, it will cost a whopping $1,063.
Here’s all the pricing information that was revealed through the TopRC post:*
- DJI Mini 3 Pro and one battery (no RC) = $786
- DJI Mini 3 Pro with normal RC-N1 controller = $882
- DJI Mini 3 Pro with the Fly More Kit = $987
- DJI Mini Pro with DJI RC controller = $1,063
*All these prices were converted from Euros.
Leaked Pictures of the Mini 3 Pro
In addition to the accidental product posting on TopRC, there was also recently a leak from @DealsDrone that contains four clear pictures of the Mini 3 Pro.
Here’s the tweet with the leaked photos of the Mini 3 Pro:
Mini 3 ? photos pic.twitter.com/uia1kYLv5y
— 航拍世家 打手 (@DealsDrone) April 16, 2022
When you look at the photo that shows the drone’s camera, it looks like the Mini 3 Pro will be capable of shooting video in portrait, confirming a rumor that the it will be promoted as a drone for social media content creators on platforms like TikTok or Instagram.
Something that stands out in these photos is the roundish shape of the drone. We assume this unusual shape has to do with DJI finding ways to fit new features into the design without increasing the weight beyond the crucial 249 gram limit that defines the Mini’s place in the market.
Another thing made clear in these pictures is that the leaked packaging we saw back in March for the Mini 3 Pro (shown below), which some speculated was fake, was actually legitimate.
We can see this because the pictures of the drone from the packaging shows that it has two big forward-facing obstacle avoidance sensors, and we see the same sensors in the leaked photos from @DroneDeals.