We’re Hiring a Drone Video Content Producer!
BY Tres Crow24 July 2020
Who We Are
Founded in 2014 and based in Nashville, TN, UAV Coach is a leading training, education and news company for professionals and hobbyists in the drone industry. Our mission is to help drone pilots be safe and smart operators.
The commercial drone industry is growing quickly. Whether it’s a medical company doing last-mile blood delivery, a fire department that needs to safely monitor wildfires, a farmer who wants data on his crops, or a construction company that needs progress reports on its sites, organizations in a multitude of industries are using drones to capture images, video and data from the air to save time, to save money and even to save lives. We train and educate the drone pilots who do these jobs.
We provide both online and in-person training courses and also report on industry news to an email subscriber base of 50,000 drone enthusiasts. Over 25,000 people have used our flagship training course, Drone Pilot Ground School, to pass the U.S. commercial drone pilot exam. Most recently, we were selected by the Federal Aviation Administration to serve on an advisory team that aided in developing a knowledge and safety test for recreational drone pilots.
Notable clients include Intel, The Wall Street Journal, General Electric, The Nature Conservancy, Lockheed Martin, Keller Williams, and many other corporations as well as many universities, government agencies, public safety departments, small businesses and solo entrepreneurs.
We’re a fully remote team of 4 full-time employees, 2 part-time employees and 20 contractors around the U.S. We’re a family-run company that values integrity, a growth mindset and a can-do attitude.
What You Will Do
Are you a YouTube rock star with a passion for the drone industry? Do you love creating engaging and educational video content? Looking to take your drone skills to the next level while building a YouTube audience? UAV Coach, provider of the nation’s leading online Part 107 test prep course, is launching our YouTube channel and we need a talented and creative Drone Video Content Producer to help us build our channel into one of the most helpful visual resources in the drone industry.
The Drone Video Content Producer is a one-person video-producing dynamo, responsible for:
- Conceptualizing the video topic and script;
- Planning the shoot, and identifying and procuring any additional resources needed to complete the video;
- Shooting and starring in the video;
- Editing and completing all post-production work.
This is a part-time, remote contract position with plenty of opportunity to grow with the channel, so if you’re ready and eager to take your YouTube career to the next level we want to hear from you.
What We Offer
- Flexible, remote work environment — as long as you’re located between Pacific and Eastern time, you can do your work from anywhere while maintaining consistent, responsive communication
- Competitive compensation
What We’re Looking For
The Drone Video Content Producer absolutely must have the following skills:
- Strong interest in and knowledge of the drone industry.
- Very comfortable using Adobe platforms and video editing software such as Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro, or comparable video editing software.
- Owns a production-quality drone (Mavic Air 2 or similar, and above) and has plenty of experience flying in a variety of conditions/locations.
- Background in planning, shooting, and editing videos for YouTube.
- Capacity to manage multiple projects and meet time sensitive deadlines simultaneously.
- Can develop and manage a production schedule, in 30/60/90 day increments.
- Develop required scripting and blocking of segments as needed.
- Able to evaluate and execute post-production elements, including editing, graphics, music and ensure overall look and feel is consistent for each content track.
- Self-starter with superior strategic/creative thinking, communication, organizational, project management and presentation skills. Results oriented.
How to Apply
Please fill out this form: