We’re Hiring an Inbound Support Coordinator
BY Alan Perlman7 July 2020
Who We Are
Founded in 2014 and based in Nashville, TN, UAV Coach is a leading training, education and news company for professionals and hobbyists in the drone industry. Our mission is to help drone pilots be safe and smart operators.
The commercial drone industry is growing quickly. Whether it’s a medical company doing last-mile blood delivery, a fire department that needs to safely monitor wildfires, a farmer who wants data on his crops, or a construction company that needs progress reports on its sites, organizations in a multitude of industries are using drones to capture images, video and data from the air to save time, to save money and even to save lives. We train and educate the drone pilots who do these jobs.
We provide both online and in-person training courses and also report on industry news to an email subscriber base of 50,000 drone enthusiasts. Over 25,000 people have used our flagship training course, Drone Pilot Ground School, to pass the U.S. commercial drone pilot exam. Most recently, we were selected by the Federal Aviation Administration to serve on an advisory team that aided in developing a knowledge and safety test for recreational drone pilots.
Notable clients include Intel, The Wall Street Journal, General Electric, The Nature Conservancy, Lockheed Martin, Keller Williams, and many other corporations as well as many universities, government agencies, public safety departments, small businesses and solo entrepreneurs.
We’re a fully remote team of 4 full-time employees, 2 part-time employees and 20 contractors around the U.S. We’re a family-run company that values integrity, a growth mindset and a can-do attitude.
What You Will Do
The Inbound Support Coordinator serves a critical function in supporting both our online FAA test prep course and our hands-on flight training program. You will be on the front lines with our prospective customers via phone and email, and you will also coordinate with our nationwide network of about 20 flight instructors. In this role, you will handle the administrative functions for sales, invoicing/accounts receivable, partnerships, and flight training classes.
Specifically, you will perform the following responsibilities:
- Answer phone calls and emails from prospective customers using a consultative approach with the goal of driving to a sale (25-35% of daily activities)
- Use PayPal to create and manage invoices and send payments
- Process purchase orders and complete vendor paperwork for enterprise and government customers
- Manage the administration of our industry partnerships, including tracking and invoicing
- Manage the administration of our hands-on flight training classes, including maintaining our dashboard of upcoming and completed classes, managing our scheduling software, helping to reschedule training sessions and processing refunds
- Act as the main contact point for our roster of flight instructors, including maintaining their availability and training locations and sending them updates about the program
This is a full-time, remote position.
What We Offer
- Flexible, remote work environment — as long as you’re located between Pacific and Eastern time, you can do your work from anywhere while maintaining consistent, responsive communication
- Unlimited paid time off — vacation, sick, and personal days will not be tracked
- Work-related travel — when normal travel resumes after COVID-19, you will be asked to travel with our team 4-5 times throughout the year to drone industry conferences and team-building events like InterDrone, Commercial UAV Expo, XPONENTIAL, drone film festivals, our team retreat and other opportunities that may arise
- Competitive compensation
What We’re Looking For
An Inbound Sales Coordinator should exhibit the following competencies:
- Empathetic — you listen and really understand what a customer is asking, and you translate that to a best-in-class response
- Attentive to detail — you flawlessly execute each task and do not make spelling mistakes or other clerical errors
- Highly organized — you maintain a clean inbox and task list, and you do not procrastinate or miss urgent items
- Proactive — you act without being told what to do and bring new ideas to the company
- Flexible / adaptable — you adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions and cope effectively with complexity and change
- Strong communicator — you speak and write clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative
In addition to exhibiting each of the competencies above, you should have:
- A strong interest in the drone / small unmanned aerial systems (sUAS) industry.
- A strong track record of helping customers on a daily basis in a front-line role, whether that be in sales, customer care, account management or in another professional customer-facing role.
- A strong need to stay organized. Friends and coworkers comment on how organized and “on top of it” you are. You love following a process and checking things off your to-do list.
How to Apply
Please fill out this form: