Want to Join Our (Fast-Growing) Drone Company? We’re Hiring a Student Support Manager
BY Alan Perlman26 May 2017
This position requires a Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate.
Do you like to teach? Are you friendly, a clear communicator, and knowledgeable about the drone industry? Can you thrive in the flexibility of a remote-work environment?
Founded in 2014, UAV Coach has grown to be a leading training and education company for professionals and hobbyists in the drone industry. We receive 300,000+ monthly visits to our website and have over 50,000 people on our email list. Our flagship test prep course, Drone Pilot Ground School, has been used by thousands of U.S. drone pilots to successfully study for and pass the FAA’s Aeronautical Knowledge Test.
- We’ve trained 5,000+ people and continue to receive glowing reviews for 1) our course content and the efficacy of our training program; 2) our customer support; and 3) our industry update emails and tracking of FAA regulations.
- Our customers include some of the biggest brands in the world.
- We work remotely from our homes and offices around the U.S.
- We value strong communication, positivity and work-life balance.
As our Student Support Manager, you’ll primarily be:
- Handling phone and email support for students enrolled in our online Drone Pilot Ground School test prep course.
- You’ll also handle course administrative tasks like:
- Tracking purchase orders
- Issuing course receipts
- Bulk-enrolling students
- Processing Partner applications
- Reviewing flight proficiency videos and issuing course diplomas
EXPECTATIONS FOR THIS ROLE
- This job pays $20 per hour
- You’ll work about 10-15 hours per week at first, with room to grow within the role.
- Even though this is a part-time role, you’re expected to be on call for student phone calls and emails during normal business hours. You don’t always need to be available in the moment, but you need to have a plan to get back to students in a timely manner. We can discuss expectations during the interview process.
- You must hold an FAA Remote Pilot Certificate. Bonus points for scoring 92% or higher.
- You must enjoy teaching and possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working in customer support is a plus.
- You’ll work from home and communicate with us using Slack (team chat program).
- Training in the following software platforms will be provided (Teachable, HubSpot, Zapier, Accredible).
Send an email to lana(at)uavcoach(dot)com with a cover letter explaining why you’re a good fit for this role and what questions you have for our team, and also attach your resume.
If our team thinks that you’re a good fit, we’ll reach out to schedule an interview over Skype or FaceTime. Thanks!