We’re Seeking a Part-Time Drone Flight Instructor in Los Angeles
Build your resume, skills, and network in the drone industry.
Since 2014, our team has published world-class educational and training content and built a global community of like-minded drone operators and enthusiasts.
We’ve helped over 25,000 people become FAA-certified drone pilots through our online Part 107 test prep course, Drone Pilot Ground School, and we’re also the only nationwide provider of 1:1 and small group drone flight training classes.
Our students come from a wide variety of backgrounds and industries—large multinational corporations, police and fire departments, construction, real estate and surveying firms, and individual drone entrepreneurs, to name a few.
As a Small Unmanned Aerial System (sUAS) Flight Instructor, you will teach students who are seeking to sharpen their flying and real-world operational skills while building your own skills, resume, and network. In this leadership role, you will provide industry-leading instruction, student mentorship, guidance, and expertise on the theory and practice of unmanned flight.
HOW THE CLASSES WORK
- Classes based in the Los Angeles area at an outdoor location like a park, beach or athletic facility — you’ll help to determine the best training location
- Most classes are 1:1 or small groups, though occasionally we’ll do larger groups of 5+
- Most students are beginner pilots, and our curriculum is structured around DJI
- You manage your availability in our online booking system
- More information on our hands-on flight training classes over here: uavcoach.com/drone-training
- Required — Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate
- Required — Associate Degree or higher
- Required — Instructor/mentor/teaching/coaching experience in a technical field
- Required — Must own your own DJI Mavic Pro (1 or 2), Mavic Air 2, or Phantom 4 series that can be used when the student doesn’t bring his/her own drone
- Required — Manage a calendar in Google, iCloud, or Outlook
- Bonus — Part 61 / 141 flight school or curriculum experience
- Bonus — Military experience
YOU’RE A GOOD FIT IF YOU…
- Already live in the Los Angeles area and have a strong understanding of the local airspace
- Are available to train at least one morning or afternoon during the week, as well as an additional morning or afternoon on Sat/Sun
- Have strong proficiency in sUAS mission planning and flight operations — preferably 25+ logged flight hours
- Have technical knowledge in DJI software
- Can connect with and inspire adult learners
- Can commit to being a leader, a team player, and to executing your role as a drone flight instructor with excellence
YOU’RE NOT A GOOD FIT IF YOU…
- Are looking for a full-time position — this is a part-time role, where you can expect to conduct 2-3 classes per month
- Don’t have experience teaching or coaching
- Have trouble staying organized
- Are not professional in your email or verbal communication
- Work from your home area while reporting remotely to the leadership team
- Flexible scheduling
- Compensation starting at $120 per 2-hour class
- Join a fast-growing, dynamic, industry-leading team
- Networking opportunities with other company instructors nationwide
- Access to the latest sUAS technology, training, and instructional methods
Interested in helping to shape the future of unmanned pilots and contributing to a climate of safety and professionalism in the sUAS industry?
Fill out this application form and we’ll get back to you with next steps.