Europe’s Largest Commercial UAV Event Set to Take Place in London this November: The Commercial UAV Show
BY Isabella Lee2 August 2018
An excellent way to increase your knowledge within the drone industry is to attend a trade show or conference. As the drone industry expands, conferences continue to become available in more locations across the world. One such event is The Commercial UAV Show set to take place in London, England, November 14-15, 2018.
The 2018 Commercial UAV Show
The Commercial UAV Show is Europe’s largest event for commercial UAV professionals, bringing together over 3,000 people to discuss industry developments, their challenges, and how to thrive in this dynamic industry. Celebrating its 5th year in 2018, The Commercial UAV Show is established as a world-class conference focused on the progression of the UAV industry; and a technology exhibition showcasing the latest hardware and software innovations from the mega tech companies to the latest start-ups.
Ticket Discounts for UAV Coach Readers
As a media partner of The Commercial UAV Show, we are delighted to offer our readers a special discount on tickets. UAV Coach readers and community members get 15% off their ticket with code PPJW.
Go to The Commercial UAV Show website to book your FREE Expo Pass or buy a ticket to the conference with 15% discount with code PPJW.
The European Drone Market
At UAV Coach, we often publish content specific to U.S. readers—since we are headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee—but we also strive to remain aware of what’s happening around the world. The European drone market has steadily grown over the past year, especially in commercial markets. According to a 2018 study by Drone Industry Insights, a Germany-based market research and analytics company, “all market players foresee significant market growth for commercial drone applications.” In the figure below, from the same study, drone manufacturers and users indicated optimistic views of market development in the next 12 months.
Source: The European Drone Industry: Drone Industry Barometer 2018, Drone Industry Insights
In addition to keeping up with drone industry research, we’ve also reported on European drone companies, such as Delair — a French-owned company that has expanded their end-to-end drone services into international marketplaces, including America. We also should mention the useful resource we compiled on drone laws in Europe organized by country.
We’re proud to support The Commercial UAV Show as a media partner and feel this event will be a great opportunity for our sUAS folks in Europe.
Speaker Lineup for The Commercial UAV Show
Key speakers include executives and industry professionals from prestigious companies such as BAE Systems, Lockheed Martin, PrecisionHawk, Flyability, and many others. The speaker lineup includes:
- Karthik Balakrishnan, Project Executive – Altiscope, Airbus A^3
- Dragos Margineantu, AI Chief Technologist, Technical Fellow, Boeing Research & Technology
- Nick Colosimo, Strategy & Planning Executive, Global Engineering Fellow, Principal Technologist (Disruptive Technologies), BAE Systems – Air
- Hamed Khalkhali, Director of Engineering – Tactical UAS Business Unit, AeroVironment, Inc.
- Jonathan Brewster, Systems Engineer, Lockheed Martin
- Stéphane Terrenoir, CTO, Delair
- Maj Andrew Huggins, Chief Air Engineer Miniature Unmanned Air Systems – 1 ISR Brigade, British Army
- Ally Ferguson, Director, Airspace Research, PrecisionHawk
- Patrick Thevoz, Co-Founder and CEO, Flyability
- Jan Georgopoulos, BIM & Digital Engineering Specialist: GIS & Survey, Skanska
- Kevin Cardona, Directeur de l’Innovation – Chief Innovation Officer, BNP Paribas Real Estate
- Joe Little, Technology Principal – Digital Innovation Organisation, BP
- Greg Agvent, Senior Director of National News Technology, CNN
- Jacques van Tonder, Chief Advisor – Asset Management and Infrastructure, Rio Tinto
- Eric Murray, Principal Engineer, Vodafone
Download the agenda to see who else is speaking, and find out what they will be discussing.
During the exhibition, attendees will also have the opportunity to meet key suppliers. With over a hundred exhibitors they’ll get to see the latest innovations, live demos, and a variety of solutions including:
- UAV manufacturers
- Sensor/receptor/camera/battery manufacturers
- UTM, data and geospatial software
- Service providers
- Test centers
Receive Conference Updates
Following The Commercial UAV Show on social media is the ideal way to stay up to date with all conference announcements, news, and more!
Don’t forget to use code PPJW when you book your conference ticket online, and let us know if you plan to attend by hopping into this thread on our community forum.