AIG Now Offers Drone Insurance
BY Alan Perlman29 October 2015
Professional drone pilot or company looking to build a UAV program internally?
It’s probably a good idea to get drone insurance.
You know, since you’re effectively bringing a flying lawnmower into the sky each time you take-off with a multirotor system.
Thing is, for the longest time none of the larger insurance companies wanted to touch an unmanned aerial system liability or hull coverage policy. It was mostly smaller, aviation-specific companies like Aerial Pak and Global Aerospace that commercial drone pilots and companies turned to.
Recently, insurance juggernaut AIG started offering drone insurance.
From their website:
Unmanned aircraft, whether referred to as UAS, UAV, or RPAS, are positively impacting business and industry around the world. To assist in the development and risk management of this new category of aircraft AIG Aerospace has developed industry specific coverages that can be tailored to the unique needs of individual operators of unmanned aircraft. Developed from decades of aviation underwriting experience, and established coverage forms, we have developed a comprehensive unmanned aircraft policy form, with UAS industry specific language and a comprehensive suite of applicable endorsements to customize coverage for those who operate, or utilize the services of unmanned aircraft for their business and professional service needs. Key features of our dedicated unmanned aircraft coverage include the following:
- Policy language drafted specifically to respond to the exposure of unmanned aircraft.
- Coverage for aircraft operators, including other non-pilot, on-ground crew
- There is NO exclusion for loss arising from electronic malfunctions and failure of electronic components, accessories and power equipment (Such and exclusion is standard on manned aircraft policies)
- Coverage is flexible, with terms and conditions customizable to individual needs.
- Physical damage to the aircraft itself, along with installed, or carried equipment, and ground control units can be provided.
- Third party liability
- War, Hi-Jacking and Terrorism
So that we can better address your individual needs for unmanned aircraft insurance, please select the applicable link below to learn how to access our coverages:
- Unmanned aircraft owner/operator/users seeking new insurance coverage for the use of unmanned aircraft
- Non aviation specialist broker seeking information on obtaining coverage for an existing or new client
- Aviation specialist agent/broker with existing in-force business with AIG Aerospace
For non-quote, general inquiries related to the development of AIG’s unmanned aircraft products as well as insurance and risk management practices applicable to this product line please contact Carson Lyons at 404-249-1886 or via email at email@example.com