Press release below…
DUBLIN, Oct. 31, 2016 – The global market for drone services is valued at $127 Billion by 2020 according to PricewaterhouseCoopers. Sales of consumer and prosumer drones are soaring and the Federal Aviation Authority (FAA) forecasts there will be more than 1.3 million licensed drone pilots by 2020 in the U.S. alone.
Skytango (www.skytango.com) is entering this booming market, launching an innovative global marketplace and app at Drones, Data X Conference in Dublin, Ireland on Nov. 3, 2016.
Commercial buyers can buy drone footage, or post jobs, browse operators, request bids, book an operator, and pay through Skytango’s secure payment system once they download the video.
Drone operators can curate and sell their footage, and get bid requests for bespoke jobs, get hired, and receive payment as soon as the video is downloaded by the client. Buyers and drone operators can communicate through in-app and desktop notifications.
SKYTANGO WORLD’S FIRST FEATURES
- Newscall: allows buyers to find in a real-time, Uber-style map, the location of drone pilots and book them immediately for urgent jobs. Developed with the support of BBC News, and currently used by BBC News’ producers
- Footage legality audit: buyers can check if the footage has been acquired legally
- Buyers can listen and buy audio tracks provided by Audio Network while watching footage in the library
- Buyers can insert job requirements in the drone pilot’s checklists
- Skytango App: allows drone operators to create their own checklists and check client’s requirements, and to be visible to clients on the real-time map
Skytango offers a free plan to content buyers and paid plans to drone pilots (starting from $29.95 per month or $290.00 per year).
Skytango has partnered with Audio Network, Quadrocopter, UAV Protect and DroneCover to ensure exclusive offers to its members, and is looking to expand its network of partners.
“Skytango is a fantastic and timely addition to the professional creative toolbox, marrying the best aerial footage with an easy to use licence platform, safe in the knowledge that all is compliant and ready for broadcast,”
…Says Scott Pearce, SVP of Channel Strategy, Audio Network.
“The business works equally for all involved, creatives, IP owners and end users alike, a rare mix. A great new service in the new era of professional aerial footage.”
“Skytango is to drones what power-steering is to cars. Once you use it you’ll wonder how you got by before it was there”,
…Says Gearoid O’Briain, iFly Technology’s Drone Instructor and Pilot, and a Skytango Beta tester.
ABOUT SKYTANGO LTD
Skytango is a Dublin based startup founded in 2015. It offers a marketplace and app for drone operations. Included in the top 50 most promising global startups by the 1776 Global Challenge Cup, finalist for Xponential 2016 and Most Innovative Startup at Drones, Data X Conference 2015.
Latest posts by Alan Perlman (see all)
- FAA Establishes No-Drone Zones Over 133 U.S. Military Facilities - April 8, 2017
- Putting Durability to the Test with the VIFLY Racing Drone - March 6, 2017
- 80 Drone Companies to Watch in 2017 - January 23, 2017